Tuesday 9 June 2009

Poem: "Letters"

I've been experimenting with poetry lately, as part of one particular challenge in my Day Zero Project. Number 27: Write a poem a day for a month. This wasn't for the challenge, but one of my other tasks is doing IMT everyweek for the duration of the 1001 days (143 weeks). There are more poems on my other blog, if you'd care to have a look.

Here goes.

...

"Letters"

If I were to post this today
Dear Postmaster,
would this fragment of my sould reach my
Dear John,
in time?

Do you think that it could arrive tomorrow
Dear Postmaster,
if I were lucky?
Dear John
don't think I didn't get yours.
It was the fault of our
Dear Postmaster
that you didn't get it back straight away,
if only it were to be: the very next day,
as I had yours.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Now, if you lived in Vt and your Dear John did,too, he would get his note from you tomorrow!! LOL

    Thank you for your encouraging words on my blog--I never realized that my mind is so logical. My daughter looked at the collage and said"Can't you see that everything is tilted the same way?" " Why don't you overlap more?" " How about some scribbles of your own?" She is really creative--you should see the outfits she comes up with and the collages she whips together so quickly. Ah, well, that's why I taught science and she started out an art major! LOL--But I'm going to work at being asymetrical and overlapping and eclectic--even if it seems to be chaotic and messy to me!!! I guess I'm better with words. But I keep trying!

    And your blog is very inspiring to me. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot--I saw your thank you note to your aunt about the maple syrup dispenser!!! I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete